Friday, August 13, 2010

Oak Island, NC

The view from our porch on Oak Island, NC. We've wanted to rent a house right on the beach for 10 years and finally decided to go for it. Oh my gosh, we loved it. The house was for sale and we were dreaming and scheming of ways we could buy it and move down.
My parents came down and joined us for a few days.


At first Elise was falling when the waves would hit her so my Dad said "Stand strong against the waves" and from then on she'd spread her little feet out and flex her arms at the waves as they came in. It was so cute!

There are these pelican type birds down there that always fly in formation and they dive so incredibly fast into the ocean for fish. I took a video because it entertained me so.
I was looking for something to take down with me to do on the beach. I like to read but can't consentrate unless it's quiet so can't enjoy reading on the beach. So my friend Erica told me to knit. I really liked it! Made a scarf for myself (seen below).The kids wanted to knit and seeing as it's just way too hard for them to do we went out and bought these craft supplies. I remember making these things as a child.
Malachi gave me his finished product - a necklace :) I wore it around like a proud mama. Flying a kite at the beach is classic, of course.
It stormed almost every night. Rob and I loved sitting on the porch, wine in hand, listening to the rain and feeling the warm wind.
Grandma got roped into sleeping with each of the kids.
Malachi insisted that I pose with my new dress.


The necklace I bought for myself. Love it.







The things Elise bought with her own money:
The things Malachi bought with his own money:

Gus and I. It was a self portrait that turned out looking like I was in love with Gus. HaHaHa.The view from inside our living room.
Just chillin'.
Our deck went right onto the beach.



It was the most relaxing week I think I've ever had. Would move down there in a heart beat. The kids even cried at the end and pleaded "But Dad, can't you just pay them money and buy the house? I don't want to go back to New York!" Maybe someday....

No comments: