Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Want to Own a Goat

So. After my post about not having dreams and goals I decided to make some. I went to Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca one sunny, breezy day and laid in the grass with a journal and mapped out my dreams and goals for the next ten years of my life. I won't list them out because quite frankly it's non of your bees-wax :0) but I will say that they range from the large and super-serious all the way down to the most quirky ones like "I want to own a goat". Which is true. I have always wanted to own a goat. I love how they could give a crap about what you want them to do they just look at you and say "maa". I kindred spirit of mine for sure.
-----
I am working toward these goals both on my own and with Rob. We have a plan that will reveal it's self with in the next two years (give or take).
-----
It feels good to dream because I'm moving toward something instead of waiting for something to come randomly. A lot of the reason I hadn't allowed myself to dream is because most of my dreams will let down someone but I can't care about that anymore. I'm not who anyone else thinks I should be. I am simply me, and I would not want to hold anyone back from their dreams or potential even if it would let my expectations down somehow.
-----
As I have started to move toward these goals God has already begun to make connections for me, connections I might need in the future in order to reach my goals.
-----
I have stepped down from my senior position at work after much thought on it. It took a lot of pushing on my part but I think my bosses will see that if I can be home at night with my children I will be a happier and more productive worker. It is a significant pay cut but I don't care. I'll never have this time back with my children so it's worth every penny lost.
-----
So that's that. Dreams. Goals. Goat. Awesome.

2 comments:

Harry T said...

Awesome! I've wanted a goat too for a while. We will get chickens soon, I think.
Be sure to build a really good fence first!

Faith said...

Thank you for sharing your journey along the way.

Re: the goat -- people assume that, because I spin my own yarn, the next step is to own some sheep, but...livestock...I'm just not feeling it. :) I think it's so funny that out of all of the animals you could have, that you want a goat. What a sparky addition to your household! :)